A Mother's Day


As Mother’s Day went by,
I missed my mother who gave me birth;
But was thankful for those who pitched in.
Pitched in, to help me stitch those tiny moments of life together.
I am thankful to everyone who stood by me at some time as my mother would have.
I hear people be thankful to their mothers for all her sacrifice.
And sometimes I think maybe mine going away physically, was a sacrifice for my build-up.
Just may be in some weird way.
There remains still in my life, the beauty of a mother,
As someone who distills the worldly experiences, to help only the best reach her child.
Cz there is cushioning required even to grow strong and mild.
She’s still around me in some way divine,
Guiding me through life and in my darkest hrs, helping me shine.
As a mother today, I see my extension in my child.
At moments I’ve pulled my hair, and cried and at eternity stared.
But once my heavy head has cooled down,
For you, more than anything I have cared.
You are a part of me, my extension;
And that’s why you know the exact plugs to my suspension.
But as I bestow you with love and care,
I want to be strong and dare.
Dare, to dream for myself and make them realize.
So when you grow tomorrow, with these you’ll familiarize.
And familiarize with the concept of self love.
Of caring for yourself and things within and above.
Family and friends, career and relationships,
Are fruits of efforts, but sometimes a hit or a miss.
And in the story of your life, You are the only constant.
Remember that and make it grow.
Cz a happy you, my child, will happy results show.
Love yourself, and your spirit and soul.
Dream your dreams and then upon them the magic of reality bestow.


Comments