My baby is growing so fast


My baby is growing so fast.
Oh, she really is!
Seems like she was born just yesterday
And look at all the things around me today
Yes, she’s still a baby, maybe a toddler they say.
Running from one room to another,
She’s a story box and a chocolate tray.
Copying sounds so they sound like a sentence,
Cz getting so many words in a string, is still a few steps away.
She runs and hugs me, jappi she says,
And when tiered, up in my arms is her favourite place to stay.
Things around overwhelm me sometime or more,
And even though it irritates in that moment,
In reflection, I’m forming my memory box galore.
Her legs alone are the size she was when she was born,
And now she calls out Maa, Papa every night and morn.
The beauty of just being,
And in growing baby and we this evolution seeing.
A little baby crying or smiling and I kept guessing why,
Today she says mau, pau, flawi and sky.
I will make it a point to sit and give myself some ‘no work, no to-do thought’ days,
Cz its only then that this refection and emotion surfaces.
I need time to sit, think, observe and feel;
As life is passing by, churning on the time wheel.
It’s like the most stunning road trip,
With views and landscapes that blow your mind away.
But it requires you to stop and in your mind, revisit those spaces,
To truly enjoy the beauty, when the sights fade away.
Life you are beautiful, apologies for not telling this to you so often,
My brain, heart and soul with your morning dew soften.
My little baby is a reminder of your charm,
With her expanding knowledge, language and that growing arm.
Thank you for the beauty you universe so vast,
I hope to savour the sweetness till my senses last.




Comments

  1. Superb bhabhijaan. I got goosebumps reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that comment... It feels wonderfully satisfying when a reader can relate to your words :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely write up ipsy...Beautifully lined up the journey so far.. And actually few lines made me think how quickly time has pass seeing these kids growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speechless!! This is like actually reliving the journey.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaks the heart of every mother in such a touching way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Subdi.. Yup time has flown really fast, these past 2 years with these kidos!
    Thanks Ankur. Glad I was able you make you relive the beautiful days. :)
    Thanks for your kind words Sanchita. Makes me happy if othher mothers can relate to these words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.