Days - Gone by & those Ahead


When you have a child of your own,
You are bound to walk your childhood memory lane.
For me it means thinking of days full of playing outside,
Playing with other kids, by myself or going down the scary slide.
It still makes me smile and cherish those days gone by,
I look at my daughter and think of what all she’ll do, my oh my.
She’ll be naughty and stubborn, and witty and smart.
She might like playing alone or yapping away to glory might be her art.
Call me ‘off-beat’ or tag me old school.
I will still hope and wish to stick to this one rule-
Gadgets shall not be the master of her brain,
Nature alone or together will be her inspiration and source to train.
I do not deny there will be moments of escape into technology,
By that’ll be far and between, and not our home terminology.
This is what I may wish, but a different reality might unfold,
With my heart and head a balance ground I hope to be able to hold.
The journey of a parent is like our journey in life itself.
You talk, think, plan and prepare to put forth your best self,
And the road ahead might be what you thought, or throw you off the shelf.
But it’s still a beautiful journey, it’s the best shot we’ve got.
So, let’s give in our very best, and enjoy the loveliest of the lot.

Comments