The tall standing tree of faith



The snow has melted,
Winter is almost gone.
And spring is stepping in,
In a dancing form.
There is a tree that stands there,
Tall yet so bare.
It’s the same one whose leaves had shades of love and flare.
But that was autumn,
When the love was at its peak.
Then stepped in winter and robed away each leaf.
Sometimes I feel like that very tree.
From the best of moments in life,
A sudden blow makes the sweep.
Suddenly everything seems to be falling apart,
Everything.
I feel like giving up and just stopping in time.
But then I look out and there stands that tree,
Reminding me of how it’s all meant to be.
The tree that lost each of its prettiest and most delicate leaf,
Stood through winter, carrying on with its task, accepting its loss and grief.
Winter couldn’t break it any further.
So, it gave way.
And there I see spring,
Hopping along the way.
And it brings springing up of leaves,
Tiny greens on that barren standing tree.
I take a deep breath and feel what I see.
Everything has its time,
It happens only when, its meant to be.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.